Ciprian Popoviciu is president, CEO and founder of Nephos6, a consultancy specializing in IPv6 and cloud computing.
Prior to starting Nephos6, Popoviciu spent more than 13 years working for Cisco Systems in various technical and leadership roles covering the strategy, architecture, validation and implementation of global, large-scale cloud and IPv6 adoption. He is an industry-recognized IPv6 domain expert, contributing to both protocol standardization and the definition of national-level strategies for IPv6 adoption.
Ciprian has written two books on IPv6, Deploying IPv6 Networks and Global IPv6 Strategies. He co-authored five IPv6-related Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Requests for Comments (RFCs) and multiple IPv6-related patents. Ciprian is a frequent speaker at industry events and conferences, and he is an active contributor to various technology and scientific publications.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Ciprian Popoviciu
- Is OpenStack IPv6-ready?
- How long does the transition from IPv4 to IPv6 take?
- Is testing IPv6 more difficult than testing IPv4?
- Understanding IPv6: Who should you train?
- What are the various phases of an IPv6 implementation?
- How can you maximize the ROI for IPv6 training?
- Is it more useful to test IPv6 or study IPv6 textbooks?
- Should your IPv6 deployment mirror your IPv4 strategy?
- How is cloud influencing IT infrastructure strategy?
- Does IPv6 affect hybrid cloud services?
- IPv6 and IPv4 security in a multi-tenant cloud
- Does cloud federation need Layer 2 connectivity?
- Why should cloud providers consolidate data centers?
- How do cloud elasticity and cloud scalability differ?
- Colocation vs. cloud computing: What's the difference?
- Are cloud vendors keeping up with IPv6 support needs?
- What's challenging about a dual-stack IPv6 cloud?
- Cloud First challenges: Lessons for providers
- Is cloud scalability one of the advantages of IPv6?
- How can an IPv6 implementation improve cloud services?