Tom Nolle is a strategic egghead -- someone who first wants to know the truth, no matter what it is, and then wants to explain it in a way that reaches everyone who cares to know it. He's an analyst in telecommunications, media and technology, and a former software architect who now works to blend technology detail and business reality. He has more than 30 years of experience as an author and analyst, covering the most complicated and important developments in the industry.
He is president of CIMI Corporation, a strategic consulting firm specializing in telecom and data communications since 1982. Tom is the publisher of Netwatcher, a journal addressing advanced telecom strategy issues. He is also chief architect of the CloudNFV project, a TM Forum-based implementation of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute's model for network functions virtualization (NFV).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Tom Nolle
- Benefits of cloud computing can't stop at cost savings
- Managing virtual network services: What we know so far
- Enabling hybrid cloud services: Where are we?
- SaaS operational requirements: One size doesn't fit all
- Will IaaS providers became an endangered species?
- Cloud developer ecosystems: What you need to build them
- Building cloud-ready applications: What changes?
- Can cloud providers simplify cloud bursting?
- Mobile cloud services demand manageability and security
- Unlocking the potential of SDN controller applications
- Five barriers cloud providers face in adopting SDN
- Three models of SDN explained
- How viable is the virtual cloud operator model?
- SaaS development: Partner or acquire?
- Working with cloud software developers as partners
- Provider market 2013: Future of cloud computing is PaaS
- On-premises vs. cloud costs: Show them the money!
- Cloud computing cost savings: Fact or fiction?
- Next-gen cloud calls for new cloud architecture design
- Application awareness in cloud networks: Where are we?